The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is proud to offer a luxury aquatics facility with 2 indoor pools, 3 outdoor pools, and one water park splash pad to our members and community.
Whether you are looking to exercise, learn to swim, try out for our swim team, or become a certified Lifeguard, our facility is equipped with the right accommodations and staff to meet all your aquatics needs!
Our beautiful indoor aquatic facility includes:
- A six-lane, 25-meter indoor pool heated to between 81°-84° degrees. With a depth of 4′ – 12′.
- An indoor training-sized pool heated to 90°. Featuring both shallow water, depth of 2′-3′ side.
Our seasonal outdoor facilities include:
- A five-lane, newly renovated, 25-meter outdoor pool with a diving board.
- An outdoor intermediate and baby pool.
- An intermediate pool, for our camp program, equipped with shallow water, water slide for kids.
- As well as a splash pad water park!
*All outdoor pools are heated to accommodate early morning lap swim.
*Each pool has an American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard on duty at all times.
Pool Rules & Schedules
All lanes are shared and labeled according by ability level as follows:
Lane 3 Intermediate
Lane 3 & 4 Advanced
Lane 2 & 5 Intermediate
Lane 1 & 6 Recreational
What if I am an advanced swimmer and all that is left is a recreational lane? Can I book it?
You are absolutely welcome to, but please do your best to not disrupt and be patient with the recreational swimmer. Recreational swimmers should not book advanced lanes.
For more information contact Kathleen Costantini, Aquatics Director at email@example.com
Health and Safety Measures
Extensive health and safety measures will be in place, including the following:
- Please check-in through the Health & Recreation entrance
- Adult supervision is required in the water for all non-swimmers
- Children six (6) & under must be accompanied by an adult & within arm’s reach at all times
- Children ten (10) & under must be supervised by an adult at all times
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear special swim diapers under their bathing suits
- Children in diapers are not permitted in the main pool
- The JCC will not be providing any equipment or towels. Please bring your own.
- No noodles or floats are permitted. All lifejackets must be Coast Guard approved
- No food or eating is permitted anywhere on the deck
- No glass containers are permitted
- Shoes must be worn at all times in the bathrooms/locker rooms
- We strongly suggest you come to the facility “swim ready” for your reservation
- The family changing rooms are available for families with children and swimmers who need to change prior to their reservation
- Lockers are not available for use in the family changing rooms nor the Men’s and Women’s locker rooms
- Face coverings must be worn through the check-in process and in the hallways”
- Face coverings are NOT permitted in the water
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool; please use the shower on the pool deck
- Please practice social distancing (6 ft from non-family members) both in and around the pool
- There is no access to other areas of the facility during your visit
- Shared lanes are two swimmers per lane. Each swimmer will enter and exit from opposite ends of the pool and circle swim in the same direction
- Swim Caps must be worn in the Epstein Family indoor pool; Caps can be purchased through the J Store on the JCCOTP App
Are swim caps required?
All swimmers must wear swim caps when swimming indoors unless bald or under the age of 2.
Participants are encouraged and positioned to physically distance themselves during classes.
Health screening questions and a temperature check is required for all participants prior to entry. Out of an abundance of caution, you may be asked questions more than once if you are participating in different programs. We appreciate your understanding. Members are asked to remain home if they are ill or have been exposed to COVID-19.
A “check-in” team member will be stationed at our front door to greet participants, check them in, and let them know where to meet their coach.
Personal Protective Equipment
Parents and children over the age of 2 are required to wear a face-covering to comply with the current Executive Order while in the facility and on the pool deck. Face coverings are not permitted in the water.
Paper registration forms have been replaced with online registration only.
Easy to follow directions and videos to assist you in setting up the app and booking your space.
Calling all avid swimmers, sign up online for our Pool Alert System!
Sign up for our JCC Pool Alerts and we’ll keep you informed of all the latest service changes via text. Visit jccotp.org/poolalerts for more information and to sign up.