The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is proud to offer a luxury aquatics facility with 2 indoor pools, 3 outdoor pools, and one water park splash pad to our members and community.
Reservations are no longer required. Please see schedules below for pool opening times.
Our beautiful indoor aquatic facility includes:
- A six-lane, 25-meter indoor pool heated to between 81°-84° degrees. With a depth of 4′ – 12′.
- An indoor training-sized pool heated to 90°. Featuring both shallow water, depth of 2′-3′ side.
Our seasonal outdoor facilities include:
- A five-lane, newly renovated, 25-meter outdoor pool with a diving board.
- An outdoor intermediate and baby pool.
- An intermediate pool, for our camp program, equipped with shallow water, water slide for kids.
- As well as a splash pad water park!
*All outdoor pools are heated to accommodate early morning lap swim.
*Each pool has an American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard on duty at all times.
Health and Safety Measures
POOL & WATER SAFETY RULES
• Obey the instructions of aquatic staff at all times.
• Adult supervision is required in the water for all non-swimmers.
• Children six (6) & under must be accompanied by an adult & within arm’s reach
at all times. The only exception are children participating in aquatics programs.
• Children who are not toilet trained must wear special swim diapers under
their bathing suits. Disposable diapers are not permitted.
• Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices, such as life vests, are permitted.
Toys permitted at the discretion of the aquatics staff to ensure a safe environment.
• Only proper swim attire allowed. No street clothes allowed.
• Swimmers are required to wear swim caps regardless of hair length; except
for individuals with special needs, who are bald, or are under 2 years of age.
• Children ten (10) & under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
• Shower & remove band-aids before entering water.
POOL DECK RULES
• No street shoes permitted on the deck.
• No food or eating is permitted anywhere on the deck.
• Only water in plastic containers is permitted on the deck.
• No bags, street clothes or strollers allowed on deck (please use day lockers).
• Only aquatics staff & JCC program staff are allowed on main deck. All others must use observation deck upstairs or benches next to training pool.
• Only authorized JCC aquatics instructors & coaches may provide swim instruction.
LAP LANE ETIQUETTE
• Be courteous to and considerate of fellow swimmers.
• Try to swim in the same lane as someone of comparable speed.
• Do not swim on your back with two or more people in the lane.
• Adult lap swim is open to members ages fourteen (14) & up.
• When entering an active lane, inform fellow swimmers.
• Circular swim pathway required for three or more people in a lane.
• Do not dive into lap lanes.
Are swim caps required?
All swimmers must wear swim caps when swimming indoors unless bald or under the age of 2.