The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is proud to offer a luxury aquatics facility with 2 indoor pools, 3 outdoor pools, and one water park splash pad to our members and community.
Our beautiful indoor aquatic facility includes:
- A six-lane, 25-meter indoor pool heated to between 81°-84° degrees. With a depth of 4′ – 12′.
- An indoor training-sized pool heated to 90°. Featuring both shallow water, depth of 2′-3′ side.
Our seasonal outdoor facilities include:
- A five-lane, newly renovated, 25-meter outdoor pool with a diving board.
- An outdoor intermediate and baby pool.
- An intermediate pool, for our camp program, equipped with shallow water, water slide for kids.
- As well as a splash pad water park!
*All outdoor pools are heated to accommodate early morning lap swim.
*Each pool has an American Red Cross Certified Lifeguard on duty at all times.
Pool Rules & Schedules
Reservations are no longer required. Please see schedules below for pool opening times.
All lanes are shared and labeled according by ability level as follows:
Lane 3 & 4 Advanced
Lane 2 & 5 Intermediate
Lane 1 & 6 Recreational
For more information contact Kathleen Costantini, Aquatics Director at email@example.com
Health and Safety Measures
POOL & WATER SAFETY RULES
• Obey the instructions of aquatic staff at all times.
• Adult supervision is required in the water for all non-swimmers.
• Children six (6) & under must be accompanied by an adult & within arm’s reach
at all times. The only exception are children participating in aquatics programs.
• Children who are not toilet trained must wear special swim diapers under
their bathing suits. Disposable diapers are not permitted.
• Only Coast Guard approved flotation devices, such as life vests, are permitted.
Toys permitted at the discretion of the aquatics staff to ensure a safe environment.
• Only proper swim attire allowed. No street clothes allowed.
• Swimmers are required to wear swim caps regardless of hair length; except
for individuals with special needs, who are bald, or are under 2 years of age.
• Children ten (10) & under must be supervised by an adult at all times.
• Shower & remove band-aids before entering water.
POOL DECK RULES
• No street shoes permitted on the deck.
• No food or eating is permitted anywhere on the deck.
• Only water in plastic containers is permitted on the deck.
• No bags, street clothes or strollers allowed on deck (please use day lockers).
• Only aquatics staff & JCC program staff are allowed on main deck. All others must use observation deck upstairs or benches next to training pool.
• Only authorized JCC aquatics instructors & coaches may provide swim instruction.
LAP LANE ETIQUETTE
• Be courteous to and considerate of fellow swimmers.
• Try to swim in the same lane as someone of comparable speed.
• Do not swim on your back with two or more people in the lane.
• Adult lap swim is open to members ages fourteen (14) & up.
• When entering an active lane, inform fellow swimmers.
• Circular swim pathway required for three or more people in a lane.
• Do not dive into lap lanes.
Are swim caps required?
All swimmers must wear swim caps when swimming indoors unless bald or under the age of 2.