Returning to Our Campus FAQs
The JCC team is thrilled to welcome members back to our campus after the COVID-19 mandatory closure. Our top priorities of safety and security have never been more important than they are right now. To ensure the safest possible experience for all, we have made numerous facility modifications and implemented new policies and procedures to comply with local and state regulations. To best prepare for your return, we ask that you read our FAQs below thoroughly. If you have any additional questions please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS OPEN?
- Health & Wellness Facilities
- Athletics-Basketball Courts (Sept 21st), Indoor Track, Tennis Courts
- Fitness Centers
- Group Exercise Classes
- Personal Training and Pilates
- Pools (Outdoor pools will remain open till October 1st)
- Spa at the J
- Early Childhood Center (Starting September 8th)
- Guttenberg Center for Special Services
- Israeli Center
- The JCC Dance & Drama School
- Thurnauer School of Music
- Youth Programs
- Dance, music, and sports enrichments and classes
- JCC POD Squads-Supplemental School Solution
CAN I COME ANYTIME?
- All visits to the JCC are reservation only or through a program. Visits to the Health & Wellness facilities are available for members in good standing to reserve via the JCCOTP App https://jccotp.org/jccapp.
- Building hours include:
|5:30 am–12:30 pm
1:30 pm–8 pm
|5:30 am–12:30 pm
1:30 pm–4 pm
|9 am–6 pm
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Face coverings must be worn at the JCC at all times except when in one of the pools. We recommend having a spare on hand or purchasing through the J Store on the JCCOTP App. If your health situation dictates that you cannot wear a mask, we invite you to join when it’s safer for you.
- Water bottles should be brought for all programs. We have removed all water fountains and installed bottle filling stations throughout the J.
- Program equipment may be required. Please check what might be required for specific programs and note that the JCC has temporarily suspended towel and pool chair service.
WHAT RISK MITIGATION STRATEGIES HAS THE JCC IMPLEMENTED?
- Facility modifications
- Sinks, toilets and urinals converted to touchless where practical
- Arm pulls installed on doors where practical
- Water fountains removed and replaced with bottle filling stations
- Magnetic door stops installed to prop open doors where practical
- Serviced HVAC system and replaced all air filters
- Additional hand sanitizers and wipe dispensers installed throughout the building
- Installed plexiglass barriers at client service and security desks
- Signage posted to clarify expectations and traffic manage flow
- Limiting access to facility
- Health screening questions and temperature check for all staff and participants prior to entry. Out of an abundance of caution you may be asked questions more than once if you’re participating in different programs. We appreciate your understanding.
- Only participants registered in camp, preschool or with a reservation in the JCCOTP App for a service that is operating will be allowed in building
- No babysitting service
- No guests/guest passes
- Parents of children in ECC and youth programs not allowed in building and must follow specific drop off procedures.
- Staff continuing to telework where practical
WHAT SHOULD I PREPARE FOR WHEN I ARRIVE?
- Parking and traffic flow changes (please follow signs each time you arrive)
- Enter through the health & wellness entrance unless otherwise directed by a specific program
- Temperature checks and health screenings
- Physical distancing and following directional signage around the building
WHAT WILL THE HEALTH SCREENING CONSIST OF?
- Temperature checking- anyone with a fever of 100.4 or above will be denied access
- Screening for exhibiting other symptoms of COVID-19 including:
- Fever, sore throat, coughing, shortness of breath, etc.
- Exposure to persons known to have COVID-19 during the preceding 14 days
- Questions regarding travel according to current state and national travel bans
- Additional procedures and questions according to current guidelines
WHAT ARE THE JCC’S COVID-19 SPECIFIC CLEANING PROTOCOLS?
- Cleaning is a team effort- members must wipe down equipment after use with self-service cleaning materials such as wipes readily available throughout the building
- Equipment and high touch surfaces are sanitized frequently with electrostatic sprayers
- Rooms are sanitized between programs and reservation groups
- Programs and facility reservations are staggered to limit traffic and allow for additional cleaning time between each group
- Sanitization stations with sanitizer containing minimum 70% alcohol are placed throughout the building
WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEONE TESTS POSITIVE AT THE JCC?
- The JCC will contact our local health authority and take actions as directed which we expect will include:
- Contact tracing to determine who the individual came in contact with and if the risk is deemed low or high
- Outreach to individuals deemed at risk while respecting confidentiality and privacy to all
- Specific areas may be shut down temporarily and undergo additional deep cleanings prior to reopening
WHAT RESOURCES WERE (AND STILL ARE) USED TO GUIDE DECISIONS?
- Board task force on reopening
- Insurance risk management professionals
- Medical professionals at Englewood Health
- Resources and feedback from dozens of other JCCs who opened prior to us
- Industry specific oversight and licensing bodies:
- American Camping Association
- Camp Nurse Association
- NJ Department of Health for camp guidelines
- NJ Department of Children and Families for childcare guidelines
- Jewish Community Center Association of North America
- Government resource sites:
Who can I contact with additional concerns about my return to the J?