Geared for people 75 years and older, this active senior club enables otherwise homebound seniors to get out, meet new people and enjoy themselves in the company of their peers. Meets daily for a full day of programming with attentive staff supervision. Participants enjoy a wide range of activities, including exercise, hot kosher lunches and interesting lectures.
Activities include Judaic programming, classes in art and music, holiday and birthday celebrations, intergenerational activities, current events programs, musical entertainers, sessions on health and wellness, social games, exercise and more.
Support services include weekly blood pressure screening and referrals for social work services. We also serve as a liaison with Jewish Family Services, offering social work consultation and counseling.
- Monday-Friday, 9 am-1:45 pm
- Door-to-door transportation available in handicapped accessible vehicles.
- Nutritious hot kosher lunches and a morning snack.
- Professional staff consists of recreation therapist, program coordinator, social work supervisor and a corps of volunteers.
- Program specialists who conduct sessions in their area of expertise, such as Judaic, art, political theory, medicine, intergenerational programs, exercise and current events.
- Round trip, door-to-door transportation is available to limited areas for $5.
- Hot kosher lunch* Monday-Friday for a suggested donation of $4.
An intake interview is required for acceptance into this program.